Welcome To Exclusiveness

The Divah and The Damsel struggle within me, demanding and independent the Divah is care-free. Demure and soft-spoken the Damsel doesn't fight she waits patiently to be rescued by her strong and fearless knight

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

...Or DIVA for Short


Dynamic Individual Vivacious Attitude:


As a self proclaimed Diva I love all things feminine and girly. As a child I didn’t know exactly what to call my obsession with all things girly I just knew a loved dresses with ruffles, shiny shoes and had to have my “signature Aneesah Blocker Bang” as my mother and sister so affectionately called it. I loved wearing my hair out and dressing up, I loved Lisa Frank (I’m dating myself I know lol), I identified with Jem, as well as Punky Brewster and I played with paper dolls (we couldn’t always afford Barbie and all her accessories). I was teased by my sister and my mother and even my peers, but any excuse to dress up I jumped on it. I wore my ruffle dress to a house party once and I stood out like a sore thumb. I still have a scar under my eye from falling when I wore my dressy shoes to school after my mother warned me not to. Basically if it was sparkly, glittery or had ruffles I had to have it! Now since my childhood years (I like to think that) my fashion sense has improved but I still love sparkly, shiny and glittery things. I remember my homegirl’s sister once asked me “Aneesah why you always wearing something shiny/glittery?” and I jokingly replied “because I’m a star”


In my opinion one of the most important aspects of being a diva is being yourself and of course you must Love being a girl! Divahs come in all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, color, religions and creeds. All Divas have certain (as the French put it) j'ne Sais quoi, that one thing that makes them unique. That something special that commands attention, and exudes a quiet (or sometimes) loud confidence. Divas don’t have to be the center of attention at all times but we do enjoy admiration. Divas are Dynamic Individuals with Vivacious Attitudes, and here’s a list of some of my favorite DIVAS.


1. Mariah Carey: Love her or hate her but she will always be at the top of my Diva list, I’ve been a fan since Vision of Love, and when I saw girlfriends closet on MTV cribs I fell in love, and then she got on that treadmill in her heels hunny DIVAAAAAA!!!

2. Kimora Lee: Stunning, beautiful and a smart business woman “I live in the papers darling” Love her!!!


3. Lynn Whitfield: Always classy and portrayed Josephine Baker beautifully (another one of my faves btw) and played that role in “A Thin Line Between Love in Hate” hunnyyyyy Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned


4. Lisa Raye: A real live Baroness (well ex now) need I say more, From Player’s club to Diplomat status. Love her…sb…but I didn’t like that show All of Us though lol


5. Dita Von Teese: Classic does what she does like no one else can.


6. Nicky Minaj: My new fave she is just so creative and talented “a Monsta!”


7. My Mother: She’d kill me, but she can be the biggest diva at times. Not one to really get her hands dirty, she has her moments especially when she says things like… “can’t we pay someone to do that?” Loveeeee Her endlessly


Feel free to share some of your faves too

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment