Welcome To Exclusiveness

The Divah and The Damsel struggle within me, demanding and independent the Divah is care-free. Demure and soft-spoken the Damsel doesn't fight she waits patiently to be rescued by her strong and fearless knight

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself


Now I've Had my ups and downs with the opposite sex and most of my poetry will reflect my struggles. Please Be advised that I am in no way a malebasher or man hater, now maneater thats another story :). I love men flaws and all but I also love being a woman, we put up with a lot are stronger than we realize and we internalize what is given and give back 6 times more (good or bad). So this is my ode to women everwhere we should be celebrated, loved, revered and feared all at the same time.


Now thoes of you who were my friends on Myspace may already be familiar with some of the poems I post and I promise to bring you sumthing new and fresh on this blog. However I purposefully chose this poem as my first offical (peotry) post. Just to set the tone for my new friends letting folks know its time to strap in and prepare for the ride.


These are my confessions....


Woman Is She


Created from his rib to walk at his side

Abilities over his head

She's soft yet strong enough to cry

The seeds of the future are sewn in her womb

Rooted in mother earth her love will help them bloom

She uplifts her king and rears their childern

Cleans their palance from floor to ceiling

And still make love with overwhelming feeling

Cook up a meal like a Sunday feast

Powerful and dynamic

Woman is She


Can bleed for days and still bring forth life

Will go to battle in honor

always protects her seeds

Can feed a whole army with breadcrumbs and a tea leaf

Unafriad to fight for what is right

Benevolent and devoted

Woman is She


Man was incomplete without a companion you see

A small sacrifice and the creator fulfilled his dream

A partner twice his equal

With strength no man can speak to

The mold was broken when he created thee

Predominant and exceptional, superior and ethereal

Woman is She





1 comment: